Illinois Concealed Carry Classes
Don’t just know how to shoot, LEARN WHEN TO SHOOT
“The use of deadly force is the most critical decision that will ever be placed on a person, the consequences of which are irreversible” – Chris Burne, G.S.S.I. President
Taking an concealed carry class for the State of Illinois should be more than just about learning “how” to shoot. Pulling the trigger is a life-changing event. Shouldn’t you be ABSOLUTELY SURE you know when to discharge your weapon?
The Illinois Concealed Carry classes taught by G.S.S.I. are taught by active duty law enforcement officers. Who do you believe is best equipped to teach you when the use of deadly force is necessary. Imagine being put in the position where you draw your weapon, and lives are at stake? Wouldn’t you want to be absolutely sure about what you were doing? Of course you would.
After taking the Illinois Concealed Carry class with G.S.S.I. you’ll know:
- When you can legally use Deadly Force in the State of Illinois?
- If Illinois has a “Stand your ground” or a “Castle” Law?
- Your “Use of Force” rights in defense of persons, dwellings, or property?
- What to do if you become involved in a deadly force incident?
Our Illinois Concealed Carry Class instructors are law enforcement officers with decades of experience in teaching firearms marksmanship, use of deadly force, and carrying a concealed weapon.
ALSO – VISIT OUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If you’d like to register for one of our excellent Illinois Concealed Carry Classes, please check out our new division at Arm Yourself, Inc.
**The Illinois State Police has launched a new website that is specific to Concealed Carry**
**If you had prior concealed carry training, please review the list of training courses acceptable to satisfy the prior training requirements for concealed carry classes in Illinois, consistent with Section 75(i) of the Act, and the appropriate credit to be applied for each (i.e., certification from another state, NRA training, etc). The list of acceptable training courses can be viewed at:
16 hour course (required course) – $300
** 12 hour course (prior training required) - $225 Acceptable prior training courses include: Illinois Hunter Safety Course Utah Concealed Carry Florida Concealed Carry Nevada Concealed Carry Missouri Concealed Carry Kentucky Concealed Carry Michigan Concealed Carry Chicago Firearms Safety Course
** 8 hour course (prior training required) - $150 Acceptable prior training courses include: NRA Basic Pistol NRA Personal Protection in the Home NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home
VETERANS discounted 8 hour course – $100 (must be honorably discharged and provide DD214)
Illinos Concealed Carry Class portion will be held at:
GSSI 920 N. Ridge Avenue Suite A10 Lombard, IL. 60148 (Parking allowed in the front and back)
Live Fire portion of the Illinois Concealed Carry Class will be held at:
Article II Gun World 250 Cortland Avenue Lombard, IL. 60148
- Refreshments and snacks provided
- Rental weapons available if you do not own a firearm ($20 for rental)
WE PROUDLY SUPPORT MILITARY VETERANS!
Firearm Safety for Emergency Care Professionals
- G.S.S.I. offers training for emergency responders and healthcare personnel on encountering and treating patients carrying a concealed firearm.
- The 4 hour training class covers the concealed carry law, handgun knowledge and safe handling, incorporating a check for weapons into initial evaluations, and distribution and clarification of a new firearm policy.
- We help develop a policy for emergency responders on encountering patients with firearms and what to do to take custody of the weapon.
- G.S.S.I. is licensed and insured to offer security services.
- Security services include security consulting, armed guard services, site security, loss prevention, crime prevention, personal protection, and special event security.
- These services will be unique depending on the specific needs of each client.